The American Society for Testing and Materials is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services.
- ASTM A193 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.
- ASTM A307 Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.
- ASTM A320 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for low temperature service.
- ASTM A325 Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength. Replaced by ASTM F3125.
- ASTM A354 Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A449 Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.
- ASTM A490 Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile strength. Replaced by ASTM F3125.
- ASTM F593 Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.
- ASTM F1554 Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.
- ASTM F3125 New, unified structural bolt specification replacing A325, A325M, A490, A490M, F1852, and F2280
Casting / Forging Specifications
- ASTM A47 Ferritic malleable castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A48 Gray iron castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A536 Castings made of ductile iron, also called spheroidal or nodular iron.
- ASTM A668 Untreated and heat-treated carbon and alloy steel forging for general industrial use.
- ASTM A194 Carbon and alloy steel nuts for bolts for high pressure and high temperature service.
- ASTM A563 Standard specification for carbon and alloy steel nuts.
- ASTM F594 Stainless steel nuts.
- ASTM A153 Zinc coating (hot dip) on iron and steel hardware.
- ASTM B695 Mechanically deposited zinc coatings on iron and steel.
- ASTM F1941 Electrodeposited coatings on threaded fasteners (Zinc plating).
- ASTM F2329 Zinc coating, hot dip, for bolts, screws, washers, nuts, and special threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A615 Deformed and plain carbon steel bars for concrete reinforcement.
- ASTM A706 Deformed and plain low alloy steel bars for concrete reinforcement with enhanced weldability.
- ASTM A36 Carbon steel shapes, plates, and bars in general structural purposes.
- ASTM A572 High strength, low-alloy structural steel shapes, plates, and bars.
- ASTM A588 High strength, low-alloy structural steel improved atmospheric corrosion resistance.
- ASTM F844 Unhardened, general purpose, flat washers.
- ASTM F436 Hardened steel washers.
- ASTM F959 Compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches
- ASTM F2437 Compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/4 to 2-1/2 inches
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is an organization that sets standards for highway design and construction. Most AASHTO standards are direct equivalents to existing ASTM standards.
- AASHTO M164
- AASHTO M253
- AASHTO M291
- AASHTO M314
- AASHTO M292
- AASHTO M232
- AASHTO M293
SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a standards development organization with fastener specifications that apply to the aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries. SAE bolts are also used in machinery, equipment, and OEM applications.
- SAE J429 Mechanical and material requirements for externally threaded fasteners.
- SAE J995 Mechanical and material requirements for steel nuts.
Canadian Standards Association
- CSA G40.21 Structural quality steel shapes, plates, and bars.